This event will focus on one of Chatham-Kent’s most anticipated and popular agricultural product: sweet corn. Nothing says summer in CK like a tasty cob of one of our most delicious vegetables. This community event will be held in partnership with the Portuguese Club of Chatham, taking place at their location on Grand Ave East in Chatham. All activities will be no- or low-cost, in order to ensure everyone can attend, regardless of level of income. Anticipated attendance is 1000 – 2000 people for this afternoon and evening event.
Community Corn Roast – AUG 8th from 1 to 5 pm @ The Portuguese Club of Chatham, 346 Grand Ave E, Chatham.
This is a day to celebrate our community! Come out and join us as attendance is free and CK-Table, Grade 2 and 3 students from Chatham Kent and the Portuguese Folklore Dance Club have joined up to bring this day of celebration.
- Plate of 2 ears of corn, local tomatoes, peppers and cucumbers for $2 a piece for the corn roast.
- Face Painting
- Children’s Games/Activities (including but not limited to Wooden fly wheel, medal arch, jumping rope, spoon race, hopscotch, Handkerchief, Musical Chairs, beer cap race).
- Volleyball tournament $50/team (Minimum of 2 girls and 2 guys and a maximum of 6 players)
- Farmers market
- Art Exhibit and Sale by Grade 2/3 on Food Security
- Portuguese Cultural Exhibit
- Portuguese Club will have foods for sale to highlight their culture.
- Dance performance from the Portuguese Clubs folklore group at 5:00pm
- Dance in the evening for adults from 7pm to 1pm with DJ – FREE